Keep an eye out for more content from the Dlo Sports Special. It’s time to get back in action! More blogs and podcasts coming your way.
It’s the second half of the season, and now we’re forced to admit whether or not the team we root for has a chance or not. With that in mind, I’m going to analyze who needs to sell, who must buy and lastly who can make do with what they have. Continue reading
Have you been to Las Vegas lately? At the risk of sounding like Hunter S. Thompson I’ll admit I go there frequently. Probably more than anyone should go, really. But, for two weeks in the summer, my trips to Sin City become acceptable. It’s when the NBA Summer League posts up in Las Vegas. Continue reading
Seven time MVP and a seven time Cy Young. For the first time in their baseball career, they lost. A home run total of 762 and a strike out total of 4,672 and a career record of 354-184 just isn’t good enough.
Honestly, I don’t know what side of the coin I’m on when it comes to the Hall of Fame. All I know is that the two greatest players to ever step on the baseball field in Barry Bonds andd Roger Clemens are currently missing from the Hall of Fame. Continue reading
I heard the Los Angeles Clippers have lost two in a row and there’s reason for panic now. Well, if that’s not the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard than I’m not entirely sure what is. Is this not the same team that was being praised as the best team in the West during their 17-game winning streak? Last nights loss to Golden State says less about the Clippers and much more about the Warriors. That’s a quality ball club up their in Golden State. Continue reading
Hey, guess what cyber world…I’m back! This is the D-Lo Special 2.0: This time we have a college degree. Instead of making picks this week, I think I’m going to break down the current streak that the Clippers are on.
They’ve won 11 in a row, and they’re on the heals of Oklahoma City for the best record in the NBA. Since losing to New Orleans, the Clippers have gone on a run that has seen their record spurt up to 19-6 (OKC is at 21-5).
Well, that’s all fine and dandy, but, are the Clippers really one of the best teams in the NBA? In a word, yes. Come with me as we break down the word. Continue reading
I apologize for the lack of posting. I’ve been dealing with finals and the start of high school basketball season. Which, to anyone who has ever worked in a community newsroom, you know high school basketball is the craziest time of the year.
I’m finishing up classes later this month. Then, I’ll be back to writing post daily. Until then, I apologize for the delay.
In the meantime I leave you with this.
- Shame on everybody for thinking there wouldn’t be an SEC team in the BCS National Championship game. It tastes like vinegar on my tongue, but let’s go Notre Dame.
- I’ve still got Johnny Football as the Specials Heisman winner for this year. I hope the voters buck the trend of not voting for freshman. Look at Marcus Lattimore, a career could be upended in a second. Let us give credit where credit is due and get this one right.
- To Laker fans, the season is 82-games so that way a five game stretch won’t decide your fate. This team will figure it out. I’m not so certain they’ll do it with Pau though.
- It weird me out to hear the Dodgers as a “major money player” at the MLB winter meetings. All I want for Christmas is Zack Greinke in a Dodger uniform.
- The Clippers pulled out a one point win in Utah last night. The Jazz are kind of like the sirens, their music is tough to resist when you’re in Utah. That’s a good win.
- The Los Angeles Galaxy won back-to-back MLS Cup’s. David Beckham is leaving the MLS and Landon Donovan is contemplating retirement. Well, it was good while it lasted.
- I’d probably ride Colin Kaepernick out the rest of the stretch, too, if I was Jim Harbaugh. I mean, their quarterback is complimentary in that system anyway.
- Good win for the Redskins on Monday Night Football. It’ll be interesting to see how good they really are moving forward.
- I’m on the Indianapolis bandwagon. The Colts are Chuckstrong and Luckstrong. Trust me, it’s a good combination. Don’t believe me? Ask the Detroit Lions.